"Champions Of Change" Book
Give your child stories of determined women who sought equality in politics, medicine, art, music, religion, leadership, and more. This collection of mini biographies highlights 25 champions including:
- Zitkala-Sa, co-founder of the National Council of American Indians
- Martha Hughes Cannon, America's first female state senator
- Hannah Kaaepa, an advocate for Hawaiian women's rights
- Barbara Toomer, who was jailed 35 times for protests that led to the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- The women of the Kanab Town Council, one of the first all-female city councils in the country
Colorful portraits and actual photos make this "Champions Of Change" Book engaging for children 8-14 years. With 64 pages of inspiring content, your child will learn about these incredible women who have made a difference. Get your child excited about history while teaching them about the importance of equality and perseverance.